Export IGES addon for Blender creates subdivision limit surfaces and saves it as an IGES file.
- OS: Windows 10 64bit with VC++ runtime 2017 or above.
- OS: Mac OSX 10.13 for Intel CPUS, 11 for ARM CPUs or higher.
- OS: Linux 64 with the following dependencies.
- libstdc++.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
- Should work with Blender 2.82 and above. Tested on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
In Blender, click on Edit -> Preferences -> Addon -> Install.. choose the downloaded zip file.
DO NOT unzip the file prior to installation.
Select the objects to be exported and File->Export->Export IGES. Please ensure that all modifers except subdivision, are applied to the mesh objects before exporting. Also, it is advisable to export objects separately. so that it can be managed better in CAD systems.
- Export slected only exports selected objects.
- Subdivision level: 1, 2, or 3. Default value is 3.
- Batch Mode: Saves objects as individual IGES files. The name of the file will be in the format "name_objectname.igs"
- Option to set the orientation.
- Option to automatically apply all modifiers, excluding the sub-division.
- There should be only one subdiv modifier and the subdiv modifier should be the last in the stack. The output might not match the shape if there are muliple subdiv modifiers and/or such subdiv modifer is not the last one. In such cases, apply such subdiv modifiers manually.
- Tangency at the vertices of odd valance may not be sufficient with low subdivision level.
- SubDivison limit surface will conicide with the border edges and corners.
Please uninstall any previous version of ExportIGES Addon before installing this version.
- Support for Blender 4.0
- Soft creases are correctly represented by the limit surface.
- Enhanced tangency between the limit surfaces adjacent to vertices of odd valance.
- Support for automatically applying the modifiers.
- Initial release for Mac OSX.
- Support for Axis Selection
- Support for automatic scaling based on unit scaling
- Support for Blender 3.1
- Support for vertex creases.
- Support for Blender 3.0
- Now supports batch mode translation.
- Better performance.
- Initial stable release.
- Support for edge creases.
- Better Performance
- Initial release for Linux
- Initial release for Windows